Monday, May 11, 2009

I Feel Inspired...

As I write this, I am watching a Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton documentary (2007) on the Sundance Film Channel. I feel so inspired to be creative watching the great Mr. Jacobs (pre-makeover…see above pic) as he works as artistic director of the Louis Vuitton line in Paris, France. Appearances are made by Naomi Campbell, Anna Wintour, Uma Thurman, and Sofia Coppola. Anyone who loves fashion should view this documentary. I am probably the only late one! I started thinking about a line that I have thought about creating for quite some time. I barely have my own website up for the boutique and am already thinking of future plans for my brand.

It will be a line of vintage 1970s-inspired dresses made from recycled & vintage materials to be sold on the site. Since that is my favorite era, I feel that my designs should reflect that. I am thinking that it will be ready for launch in Spring 2010. I already know what my line will be called, but will bequeath that little tidbit of information as we get closer to the release date. I have got to get to work. Right after I finish watching this documentary! au revoir…

No comments:

Post a Comment